C.E.O. PONTEM ENGINEERING SERVICES and ESCAMILLA INGENIERIA
MEng Civil and Structural Engineering. University of Granada (Spain)
Registrations / Certifications:
• Registered Professional Engineer in the European Union (since 2002)
• Associate Professor at the Department of Mechanics & Industrial Design of the University of Cadiz (Spain, 2009-2012)
• Elected Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• Elected Member of the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of ASCE.
• Member of the the Working Commission 2 “Steel, Timber and Composite Structures” of IABSE (International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering).
Areas of Expertise:
• Structural design
• Project and Construction Management
• High Speed Railway Bridges expert
• Cable-stayed Bridges expert
• Technical Advisory
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control of steelworks
• 2014 Young Engineering Professional of the year. Awarded by ALE Heavy-Lifting
• Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project, Long Beach, CA ($1 Billion)
Responsibilities: Bridge Expert for the QA and TM Team Period: 2013-Present. Employer: CALTROP, working for CALTRANS.
• High Speed Railway Bridge over the Alcantara Reservoir, Spain ($100 M)
Responsibilities: Design, construction supervision, and QA. Period: 2013-Present. Employer: Carlos Fernandez Casado, S.L.
• Bridge over the Cadiz Bay, Spain ($340 M)
Responsibilities: Design, construction supervision, and on site QA Period: 2007-2013. Employer: Carlos Fernandez Casado, S.L.
• Forth Replacement Bridge, Edinburgh UK ($1.3 Billion)
Responsibilities: QA Technical Manager for Steelworks.
Period: 2012. Employer: Carlos Fernandez Casado and CALTROP
INVITED BLOGGER AT www.estructurando.net